The AL-KO Power Mover will make maneuvering your van around a lot easier, in your backyard or at a van park all without the back breaking effort of pushing it yourself.
How this works is the AL-KO power mover has a lever ratchet mechanism built onto the side of the solid rubber 250 mm diameter wheel. The long lever handle then drives the ratchet which turns the wheel with ease and power, this in turn pulls or pushes your van.
Big vans aren’t a problem either as it has static load capacity of 350 kg and you can shift them of most surfaces such as grass, concrete, tar and more.
The AL-KO power mover out of convenience also fits on your existing jockey wheel clamp for simple installation and if you don’t have a clamp you’ll get one included free with it.
- Surface finish: Zinc Plated
- Static Capacity (when van or trailer is stationairy): 350kg
- Dynamic Capacity (when ratchet mechanisim is used inline with operating instructions): 150kg
- Outer Tube Dia.: 48mm
- Weight: 14.70g
- Wheel Dia.: 245mm
- Mount holes per side: 1
- Mounting Hole Dia.: 13mm
- Hole spacing: 150mm
- Height Closed (H1):625mm
- Height Open (H2):875mm
- Bottom of wheel to bottom rib center when closed (G1): 335mm
- Bottom of wheel to bottob rib center when closed (G2): 585mm
The AL-KO Power Mover is designed to aid movemment of the caravan or trailer in either forward of backward direction. It can be used to move up a slight gradient and the double pawl system will resist roll back, but the power move must not be relied upon as a park brake. Particular care must be taken if the incline changes to a decline as the Power Mover will ”free wheel” after the peak of the incline has been reached. Use the caravan or trailer park brake to control and tendency to ”free wheel”.
For correct and safe use please follow the operating instructions below:
- Engage caravan/trailer park brake or chock wheels on the downhill side.
- Secure the AL-KO Power Mover to your caravan/trailer drawbar.
- Lower the powermover to the painted line on the telescopic tube.
- Select directional settings on the two pawls
- Fit or engage the powermover traction handle.
- Carefully release the caravan/trailer park brake.
- Raise and lower the traction handle for controlled easy movement.
Choosing the direction settings
The AL-KO Power Mover is equipped with two directional pawls.
With the Power Mover securely fixed to the trailer or caravan drawbar, move both of the spring loaded pawls in the direction you wish the trailer to move. This should be done before and effort is applied to the traction handle.
Ensure the Power Mover is lowered to the painted ring around the fork of the unit as under dynamic loads exceeding 150kg and extended height, damage may occur to the telescopic tube of the Power Mover.