ePower B-TEC 125Ah Lithium Battery
Enerdrive’s new ePOWER B-TEC LiFePO4, Lithium Iron Phosphate 12v Battery with Smart Phone Monitoring.
The ePOWER B-TEC lithium battery is designed and intended for use in deep cycle applications where a single battery is required that meets the amp hour capacity.
Battery Management System
The battery is also equipped with an internal Battery Management System that can monitor and optimise each Prismatic cell within the battery during normal operation. It will protect the battery pack from over charge, over discharge, over temperature & short circuit. The BMS helps to ensure safe and accurate operation of the battery.
Size & Weight Savings
Lithium v AGM Capacities:
- 100Ah Lithium = 160Ah AGM
- 125Ah Lithium = 200Ah AGM
- 200Ah Lithium = 320Ah AGM
(Based on standard depth of discharge for both Lithium (80%) and AGM (50%) .
The ePOWER B-TEC battery provides 60% more usable power than its equivalent lead acid cousin and being nearly 50% lighter and 30% smaller makes for a superior alternative.
The ePOWER B-TEC battery is perfect for camper trailers, 4WD’s (AUX battery), caravans, small water craft, low power communication sites or any other application that requires the use of a single deep cycle battery that meets the amp hour capacity.
With over 5 years of researching, designing and testing lithium batteries and the associated charging systems, Enerdrive are at the forefront of lithium battery systems in Australia. Enerdrive are the only Australian company that can supply a fully integrated self-branded energy system to suit your setup.
With over 1200 complete systems in operation Australia wide, Enerdrive is regarded as the leader in the field of lithium batteries and energy systems for Mobile, Marine and Remote applications.
Please Note; The ePOWER B-TEC battery is not designed to parallel connect extra batteries to increase the overall capacity. This is due to the internal management system BMS which does not have the ability of physical connection to a second B-TEC BMS system for balancing of the cells between each battery.
If you are requiring a battery system larger than ePOWER B-TEC battery, please look at the Enerdrive Lithium Power Pack Systems which can offer this level of cell balancing protection.
12V 40A DC2DC+ Battery Charger
Designed to meet the rugged demands of Australian conditions and delivering multiple source charging for DC systems.
The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic multistage, multi input battery charger with the ability to charge from either an alternator linked to a battery; or via solar power with the in built Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Controller.
- Two totally independent DC Inputs for both engine and solar regulation charging one house battery bank output
- DC M6 screw terminals that will allow for large battery cable connection between all sources
- A dedicated Maximum Power Point (MPPT) solar regulator
- The same battery algorithms as included in our AC mains ePOWER battery charger. GEL, AGM, Flooded, Lithium and the ability to create a full custom profile
- Vehicle input allows for either 12 or 24v and a maximum solar input of 45V/800W
- 40A output up to 40+°C with thermo controlled fan cooling
- Fully programmable LCD display to show which source is charging the battery along with charger status, voltage and amperage
- Temperature sensor included in charger for more accurate battery charging
The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic multistage, multi input battery charger with the ability to charge from either an alternator linked to a battery; or via solar power with the in built Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Controller. With two inputs available, the main/house battery will be charged from either the engine while underway, or via the solar panels when stationary. The process to choose either engine or solar is fully automatic and both functions are controlled from within the unit itself without the need for external relays.
During normal operation the ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will do a full charge cycle to float stage on the house battery bank with ability to choose either GEL, AGM, Flooded, Custom Programmable or Lithium. Once float stage is reached the charger transitions to a power supply mode to support any on-board DC loads.
Multistage Charging Process
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger is a fully automatic, set and forget charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your deep cycle batteries utilising charger algorithms that help to maximise the life of your specialised deep cycle batteries.
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger features multistage smart charging technology that enables the charger to be connected to your battery bank permanently. With the input of multiple sources, you can be assured of charging your batteries whenever underway; or when the sun is shining on your solar array.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, deep cycle batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. The Enerdrive ePOWER DC2DC+ smart charger delivers three primary charge stages.
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost charge
The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge
With the charger voltage held steady, the remaining 20% is replaced with the charger allowing the current to taper off as the battery approaches full charge.
Stage 3 – Float
Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged, yet allows the charger to supply enough current to make up for the self-discharge losses of the battery, while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery (such as DC lighting and refrigerators). This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Smart Charging Feature
The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery bank. This function is important to maintain the life of your battery bank as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the battery bank. The ePOWER DC2DC+ Battery Charger has two methods of load based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float when it should do so.
Battery Temperature SensorBattery Temperature Sensor
Included standard with all ePOWER Battery Chargers.
ePower B-TEC ePower 12V 20A Battery Charger
20A Battery Charger Features:
- Multistage Charging: Fully automatic multistage 20A battery charger with the ability to charge 3 separate battery banks.
- Separate Battery Banks: Isolated charging design where battery bank one is separate from battery bank two and three.
- Programmable: Battery bank 1 can be programmed with a different charge algorithm over banks 2 and 3.
- Current Control: User adjustable current output (e.g. Dial the 60amp unit back to run off a 1kVA generator).
- Smart Charging: The ePOWER 20A battery charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery banks.
- Wide AC Input Range: Operates on both 110V / 60Hz and 240V / 50Hz.
- LED Display: Easy to use “set and select” menu along with scrolling charger status.
- Silent Mode: Disables the cooling fan for total silent operation at night or whenever required. Activation reduces charge output by half and locks out fan for 12 hours.
- Temperature Sensor: Battery temperature sensor included with 3 meter cable.
- 2 Year Warranty from an Australian company renowned for customer support.
Multistage Charging Process
The Enerdrive ePOWER 20A Battery Charger is a fully automatic, “set and forget” charger. It is designed to quickly and accurately recharge your batteries using algorithms that help maximise service life. Multistage smart charging technology enables the charger to be connected to your battery banks permanently.
As dictated by battery manufacturer’s recommendations, batteries require a multistage charge sequence for perfect, fast and accurate charging. Our ePOWER multistage smart 20A battery charger deliver four primary charge stages:-
Stage 1 - Bulk or Boost Charge
The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery capacity is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 - Absorption Charge
With the charger voltage held steady the remaining 20% is replaced allowing the current to drop as the battery approaches its full charge.
Stage 3 - Float
Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery, such as DC lighting and refrigerators. This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Stage 4 – Maintenance
This stage is a regular timed “return to bulk” stage. After 7 days of constant operation in “float” the Enerdrive ePOWER Battery Charger will switch the charger from float to bulk to agitate the batteries electrolyte helping to provide an extended service life.
The ePOWER 20A Battery Charger delivers a priority charge to Bank 1, or your main house battery bank which allows the charger to get this bank recharged the quickest, then transition the cycle to the lesser bank 2 & 3 batteries. The priority function also allows you to have a battery chemistry different to the other two, such as an AGM battery for house and lead calcium for your start banks. In the event that all 3 banks are in need of a charge, an over-ride function helps recover all 3 banks quickly and evenly before switching back to prioritise on Bank 1.
It’s All About Lithium
The recent advances in high capacity Lithium battery technology have seen the need to develop a battery charger suited to their needs. With most traditional ‘smart’ chargers their suitability to Lithium batteries is limited. Lithium batteries require a constant current / constant voltage charge algorithm and are unique in that almost every amp-hour of charge delivered by the charger is accepted as one amp hour into the battery, hence the need to deliver a constant current as long as possible.
The Enerdrive ePOWER charger can be programmed for Lithium batteries. This setting delivers the full rated output of the charger constantly with the charger switching to power supply mode once the voltage peak is met (indicating a full battery bank). The graph below shows the ePOWER charger algorithm perfectly supporting Lithium battery.
The Display Panel
The ePOWER 20A Battery Charger display gives you all the information you need for the operation of your charger. At a glance, key information such as charger amps, battery voltage and charge state continually alternate on the screen.When in float / power supply mode, the load amps are displayed so you can see exactly what the charger is doing. The display also allows you to program all settings of the charger, as well as activate the silent mode.
Silence when you need it – By pressing the “SEL” button for 5 seconds, the ePOWER Charger enters the ‘Silent’ mode that prohibits the fan from working. This ensures totally silent and safe operation at night, ideal if the charger is located close to your sleeping quarters. Silent mode limits current output to no more than 50%, and is programmed to remain on for 12 hours before automatically returning to a normal ‘fan-on & full output’ setting.
Battery Temperature Sensor
Included standard with all ePOWER Battery Chargers.
ePower B-TEC 125Ah Lithium Battery
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Nominal Capacity: 125Ah
- Cycle Life (DOD – 80% under controlled conditions): ≥ 2000 Cycles
Standard Charge Specification (Lithium profile charger required)
- Battery Charge Temperature: 0 ̴ 45°C
- Normal Charge Voltage CV/CC*: 14.40 ̴ 14.60V
- Standby (Float) Voltage: 13.50 ̴ 13.80V
- Maximum Charge Current: 60A @ 25°C for 30mins
- Recommended Charge Current for Maximum Life: ≤40A
Standard Discharge Specification
- Battery Discharge Temperature: -20 ̴ 60°C
- Battery Output Voltage Range: 11.00 ̴ 14.60V
- Maximum Discharge Current: 100A @ 25°C ± 5°C for 30mins
- Pulse Discharge Current: 50A for 1.0s
- Discharge Cut-off Voltage: ≤11.20V
The battery is supplied with a LiFePO4 Battery Management System BMS that can monitor and optimize each single prismatic cell during charge & discharge, to protect the battery pack from overcharge, over discharge & short circuit. Overall, the BMS helps to ensure safe and accurate operation of the battery.
- Over-charge Protection Per Cell: 3.90V ± 0.03V
- Over-charge Release Per Cell: 3.60V ± 0.05V
- Over-charge Release Method: Discharge below release voltage
- Over-discharge Protection Per Cell: 2.80V ± 0.05V
- Over-discharge Release Per Cell: 3.20V ± 0.05V
- Over-discharge Release Method: Apply Charge/Voltage ≥12.8V
- Discharge Over Current: 110A for 30s – 450A for 1s
- Protection Reset Time: 5s Auto Release
- Over Current Release Method: Disconnect Load
- Battery Discharge Over Temperature:
Protection to 65°C ± 5°C
Release at 50°C ± 5°C
- Battery Charge Over Temperature:
Protection to 55°C ± 5°C
Release at 45°C ± 5°C
- Short Circuit Protection: Auto release after 5s
- Temperature & Humidity Range:
≤ 30 days -20°C ̴ 35°C, 45 ̴ 75% RH
≥ 30 days -10°C ̴ 30°C, 45 ̴ 75% RH
- Self-discharge Rate: ≤ 3% Per Month
12V 40A DC2DC+ Battery Charger
The Solar Input on the DC2DC+ unit has a maximum rated INPUT current of 30amps. This means it is optimised for using higher voltage ‘grid’ type modules for best output performance. The maximum achievable output using standard 20Voc solar modules will be approx 35amps @ 14.4Vdc
|Panel Array||Rated Wattage & Volts||Open Circuit Rating||Estimate DC Amps Output
(## see below)
|1||150 watt @ 20 Voc||150 watts||10|
|1||200 watt @ 43 Voc||200 watts||13|
|2||150 watt @ 20 Voc||300 watts||21|
|2||150 watt @ 20 Voc||400 watts||27|
|3||200 watt @ 43 Voc||450 watts||31|
|3||150 watt @ 20 Voc||600 watts||42|
|4||200 watt @ 43 Voc||600 watts||35*|
|4||150 watt @ 20 Voc||800 watts||47**|
|5||200 watt @ 43 Voc||1000 watts||Not recommended|
|5||150 watt @ 20 Voc||1000 watts||Not recommended|
* Maximum achievable output on the DC2DC+ unit when using 20Voc Solar Panels will be the approx 35amps.
** Maximum achievable output on the DC2DC+ unit when using 43Voc Solar Panels will be the approx 47amps.
## IMPORTANT NOTE: Estimated Amps Output is quoted based upon PERFECT Solar conditions including Sun Angle, Panel Mounting angle and Orientation to the sun. It needs to be noted that panel performance alters dramatically between Summer and Winter periods and actual performance may be impossible to predict.
ePower 12V 20A Battery Charger
- Output Current (Maximum): 20A
OUTPUT VOLTAGE RANGE:
- Charge: 14.2 – 15.5 V
- Float: 13.4 – 13.8 V
- – Equalize: 16.0V
- Charging Control:
- Four stages (Bulk/Absorption/Float/Maintenance)
- Two stages (Bulk/Absorption)
- Constant Power Supply (Program setting)
- Priority Battery Bank Charging
- DC Output Bank: Three (1 fully independent, 2 common with diode isolation
- Selectable Battery Type: Gel, AGM, Flooded, Lithium, Program
- Standby Current: < 2 mA
- AC Input Voltage (Nominal): 90 to 265 VAC
- AC Input Operating Range: 207-265 Vac (2.0 A Max) 90-125 Vac (3.8 A Max)
- AC Input Frequency Range: 47 – 63 Hz
- Power Consumption: 350W (Full Load)
- Power Factor Correction: Yes
- Charger Efficiency: > 82%
PROTECTION AND FEATURES:
- Reverse Polarity: Yes, (with user replaceable fuse/s)
- Over Charge: Yes, unit shutdown
- Over Temperature: Yes, unit de-rated and shutdown
- Output Short Circuit: Yes, (with user replaceable fuse/s)
- Cooling: Forced air ventilation (thermo controlled fan)
- Temperature Setting: Hot, Normal, Cold (no sensor connected)
- Battery Temp Sensor Port: RJ12 (standard battery temp. sensor supplied)
- LCD Display (with back light): Charging status, Battery Voltage, Output Current & Fault Codes.
AC INPUT AND DC OUTPUT CONNECTION:
- AC Input Connection: IEC with Supplied 1.2M Power Lead
- DC Output Connection: Heavy Duty Terminal (3 banks) – Pan Heads 6mm Thread
- DC Output Ground: Single Heavy Duty Common Ground Stud
ENVIRONMENTAL AND OPERATING TEMPERATURE:
- Storage Range: -40° to 70° C
- Operating Range: -20° to 60° C
- Humidity: 5-95%, relative humidity non-condensing
- Ingress Protection: IP32 (Basic drip proof in vertical orientation)
Complies with AS/NZS 60335.2.29 Including Australian deviations