A sway event can be scary when you're towing a caravan or trailer, especially when making emergency manoeuvres at high speed. Lippert's new Sway Command Tow Control Technology is sure to keep your mind at peace and help prevent these events from happening.
The Lippert Sway Command uses an advanced, patent pending Tow Control Technology to detect trailer sway and applies the trailer brakes before it can get out of control. Unlike other towing technology, the Sway Command utilises both an accelerometer and gyroscope to accurately differentiate between side-to-side and up-and-down movement to prevent false activation; especially useful off road.
To ensure that the system is functioning properly, a light pod is mounted to the front of the trailer to signal the driver when it is in use. The Controller works independently from existing brake control so that in the case of an electrical short or a disconnect in the tow vehicle connection, the Sway Command won't be affected.
The Sway Command has been rigorously tested in sway-inducing towing conditions, including emergency manoeuvres, so you can tow with confidence.
- Utilizes both an accelerometer (measures lateral force) and gyroscope (measures angular velocity) to quickly and accurately differentiate between side-to-side and up-and-down movement to prevent false activation. This is especially useful off road. The competition uses only accelerometer technology.
- Advanced patent pending microprocessor technology electronically detects trailer sway and applies the trailer brakes to suppress unwanted sway.
- Light pod mounts to the front of the trailer and signals to the driver when the system is functioning properly.
- Rigorously tested in sway-inducing towing conditions, including emergency manoeuvres.
- Controller works independently from existing brake control so that in the case of a short or disconnect in the tow vehicle connection, Sway Command won’t be affected or vice versa.
What is the Sway Command compatible with?
- Tekonsha Prodigy 2
- Tekonsha Primus IQ
- Tekonsha P3
- Tekonsha Voyager
- Tekonsha "Sentinel" electric trailer brake control
- Hayes Energize III
- Hayes Lemmerz Synchroniser
- Hayman Reese Vintour
- Red Arc EBRH
- Red Arc Tow Pro EBRH-ACC
- Red Arc EBTM
- Dexter Predator DX2
- GSL Electronics EBC-12
- GSL Electronics EBC-12 Remote
- Husky Quest
- Husky Ascend
- Curt Reflex Brake Controller
- Trailer Weight: 1100kg - 5900kg
- Trailer Length: 15 - 40ft
- Number of Axles: 1 - 2 Axles
- Only Electric drum brakes
* Note: Sway Command is not a replacement for a weight distribution hitch